No matter how many healthcare professionals, midwives or just people with children you come across during your pregnancy, there just seem to be some things that never get mentioned!
- You will start to feel like an elephant. An elephant that walks slowly and grunts whenever it has to get up or sit/lie down.
- The first few weeks will seem fast but then time will slow down so that every week past about week 35 feels like a month.
- Your nipples will continue to grow and change colour beyond all recognition.
- You can be as prepared as possible yet you’ll still feel unprepared to be looking after an actual real life baby soon.
- If they haven’t already, your boobs will probably start leaking stuff. Glamourous.
- The swelling. Say goodbye to skinny feet and ankles. Especially in summer!!
- You’ll want to kill everyone who says either “ooooh not long left now!” Or “I hope you don’t go overdue!”
- The labour fear is real. Sooo many things to think and worry about.
- Everything becomes such an effort and the only way you’ll be able to get through the day is by taking naps and doing things very slowly…
- Every little twinge or ache will have you second guessing whether you are about to go into labour or not. I feel really sweaty today, am I in labour? Had a slightly runny poo, oooh could be labour!!